Online trading company for machine parts and industrial components
The premier online trading company for machine components in the Japanese and Asian market is increasing their market presence in Europe. The successful concept of fast availability make-to-order components combined with a wide range of in-stock items is driving the company’s rapid growth. The task was to create a logistics platform to cope with the vast stock range increase as well as same-day cross-dock shipments for make-to-order parts manufactured in Asia that have been shipped by overnight airfreight.
Caused by the fast increase in stock range a manual storage system was realized in a first stage for a short-term storage capacity expansion. Simultaneously a second stage including a highly automated solution with automated storage and sorting systems is integrated.
- Analysis of specific storage requirements
- Support of the selection process for a new warehouse location
- Comparison & selection of the ideal storage system
- Creation of 3-D warehouse concept visualizations & selection of a preferred concept
- Preparation of tender documents and support of the awarding process
- Realization management including acceptance and coordination of construction works
- Accompanying project management