The importance of efficient spares management has grown significantly for manufacturers in recent years. To improve efficiency and save costs, one of the world’s leading engineering firms set as their strategic target the outsourcing of two separate warehouses for spare parts to a contract service provider. In order to improve efficiency and reduce costs, HPMlog have supported the client to select and introduce a suitable contract logistics service provider.
- Analyse actual processes at both warehouse locations
- Define target processes for the future management by a service provider
- Prepare tender specifications as well as RFQ
- Evaluate quotations and support the sourcing meetings
- Support the realisation phase
- Coordinate subproject managers in the areas of Organisation, IT, Processes and Move